Certificate Course Descriptions:
The Online Professional Certificate in Sports Nutrition and Performance is an instructor led, web-based certificate designed to meet the growing demand for Registered Dietitians, DTRs, personal trainers, athletic trainers, allied health/medical and fitness professionals, and the general public who want to learn about developing individualized sports nutrition programs for clients, patients, or for personal improvement. This Web-based Certificate program provides an in-depth examination of contemporary nutritional topics such as advanced sports nutrition, vitamin/protein supplementation, functional food implementation, antioxidants, and meal plan analysis for optimal performance.
This certificate program has four required courses:
Course 1: Nutrition and You: Functional Foods
Heard about the health benefits of cocoa for cardiovascular health? What do garlic, tomato sauce, and tofu have in common? Which spices and herbs need to be consumed in your daily diet? In this course you will learn what functional foods to eat for increased performance in sports, training, and daily life.
Course 2: Weight Management and Nutrition in the Lifecycle
Applying the principles of good nutrition starts at Day 1, whether working with clients or designing the optimal personalized eating program. This course teaches students the principles behind helping a client in any stage of their life to set and achieve peak performance while working in conjunction with a registered dietitian in a team approach. Discover what specific nutrients need to be increased in your diet for peak performance and at different stages of your life. Learn how to personalize your own meal plan and those of your clients.
Course 3: Introduction to Sports Nutrition and Performance
Learn what to eat before, during, and after competition, design optimal meal plans for athletes, and be able to identify the best sport supplements such as protein powders/bars, creatine, and sport drinks. Learn to provide the best fuel for your body and how proper nutrition can provide optimal muscle development, recovery and sports performance.
Course 4: Public Nutrition and Wellness Education
This course delves more deeply into nutrition, performance, and optimal wellness. Master the tools needed to provide educated answers on nutrition and overall well-being. Learn how to navigate through the media's mixed messages on sports nutrition, supplementation, diets, and effectively interpret nutrition news, and understand critical information on the science behind vitamins/proteins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Format of Online Program:
- The Program a self-paced, online distance education certificate that is an instructor facilitated program
- The Online Certificate program can be completed in the convenience of your own home, office, or classroom
- You have eight weeks per course of unlimited individual access to complete each course (pass rate required: 70% per course). In addition students have 1 full year to complete the 4 required courses.
- Online module quizzes and final certificate exam are automatically graded for immediate results
- Graduates will receive a certificate via email upon successfully completing the program and passing the required courses.
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that you are a current Registered Dietitian and/or DTR seeking CPEUs, or have a personal training/fitness certification, or are a graduate/current student with a degree in nutrition, exercise science, fitness, athletic training, physical therapy, or other related allied health/medical field
- Access courses from any Web browser
- Allows you to progress at your own pace through the online format
Online Program Requirements:
- A computer with email and internet connection
- Online students should have basic computer knowledge
Additional Course Materials: (Order information will be received after certificate registration)
- Nutrition for Health, Fitness, & Sport. 8th Edition, Publisher: McGraw-Hill
Our Refund Policy: Once you receive the access procedures for the course(s)/program(s) you registered for, NO refunds will be accepted.