Certificate Course Descriptions:
The Online Professional Certificate in Family Nutrition is an instructor led, web-based certificate designed to meet the growing demand for Registered Dietitians, DTRs, allied health/medical and fitness professionals, parents, and the general public who want to learn to develop healthy food strategies, family support education, and advanced nutritional planning for moms, children, and the entire family. This Web-based Certificate program provides an in-depth examination of developing nutritionally fit, fun, and energized families through foods and proper nutrition! In addition, learn “Healthy Habit Strategies” to cope with family dynamics and the different environments each member of the family lives in.
This certificate program has two required courses:
Course 1: Healthy Moms and Infant Nutrition
Navigating through evidence-based research, this course will explore important nutritional recommendations for preconception, pregnancy, and infant and toddler feeding. In addition, it will also address food planning strategies for families (healthy meal and snack ideas, exercise, and family support) to embrace healthy living and eating post-delivery. This course will debunk many common myths and provide a basic understanding of the most current maternal and child nutrition recommendations. Learn why early nutrition is the key to preventing childhood obesity and obesity later in life, as well as where to find excellent books and online resources for deeper exploration of topics of interest.
Course 2: Healthy Children Nutrition: At the Home, Work and External Environments
This course is designed for professionals and parents concerned and interested in expanding their nutrition knowledge. Utilizing evidence-based research, explore the role and impact of three predominant nutrition environments that affect a child’s food choices: the home, the school, and the external environment. Topics covered include: navigating the fast food jungle, addressing media and marketing to children, identifying the connection between nutrition and school performance and behavior, exploring successful parental feeding behaviors, and general strategies for childhood overweight and obesity prevention.
Format of Online Program:
- The Program a self-paced, online distance education certificate that is an instructor facilitated program
- The Online Certificate program can be completed in the convenience of your own home, office, or classroom
- You have eight weeks per course of unlimited individual access to complete each course (pass rate required: 70% per course). In addition students have 1 full year to complete the 2 required courses.
- Online module quizzes and final certificate exam are automatically graded for immediate results
- Graduates will receive a certificate via email upon successfully completing the program and passing the required courses.
- Prerequisites: It is recommended that you are a current Registered Dietitian and/or DTR seeking CPEUs, or have a personal training/fitness certification, or are a graduate/current student with a degree in nutrition, exercise science, fitness, athletic training, physical therapy, or other related allied health/medical field
- Access courses from any Web browser
- Allows you to progress at your own pace through the online format
Online Program Requirements:
- A computer with email and internet connection
- Online students should have basic computer knowledge
Additional Course Materials: (Order information will be received after certificate registration)
- Contemporary Nutrition, Eighth Edition, Selected Chapters 14 and 15. Publisher: McGraw-Hill
Our Refund Policy: Once you receive the access procedures for the course(s)/program(s) you registered for, NO refunds will be accepted.